Saturday, November 15, 2008

Get Satisfaction

This was originally going to be a very different post. I had initially intended to use my little postage stamp corner of digital real-estate to take Snapfish.com to the woodshed with a 50 oz. Louisville Slugger. To shorten a lengthy story, my wife ordered something using a coupon and through a glitch in their system, the coupon didn't show up in checkout. So she contacted customer (no) service to get them to correct the amount charged her card. Their reply? No. Nope. No way. No how. Too bad.

So off to the internetz I went in search of a way to bring happiness to my humble home. Which led me to this gem of a site - GetSatisfaction.com. Instead of a website dedicated to collecting customer gripes and displaying them for all to see, they collect customer gripes... and the companies actually answer them. And in some cases, fix the problem or at least offer an amiable explanation.

So a thumbs down to Snapfish for their customer service on email and call-in center, but a huge thumbs-up for registering a couple of their guys who actually know what they're doing and take their job seriously.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home