Friday, December 09, 2005

Caution: Teen Driver

This is a step in the right direction, though I wonder how effective it will be. It's nice to know what manner of insults I can hurl at this person when they do something stupid on the road, but this won't stop the one car speeding down a road at 2am jumping the curb and plowing in to a tree, killing and maiming most everyone inside - something that is all too common on Atlanta area roads.

What else can be done? Well, for starters, up the driving age to 17. Allow for the learner's permit to still be obtained at 15, followed by a restricted license at 16 that allows for the vehicle to be operated by the driver alone or with other licensed drivers in the vehicle, but no unlicensed passengers. ANY traffic violations during those two years results in at least a six month revocation and an additional year of restricted driving privileges.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Although I love your idea of the drivers license changing to 17 I just don't see it happening. At least not anytime soon. I love the idea of the magnet too. I wish we could get one for senior citizen drivers.

1:35 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home