Wednesday, August 08, 2007

Have I gone colorblind?

So, I'm sitting at home, enjoying the time I have off before school begins in another week and a half by blasting some alien hide (read: playing Halo), when my Beloved Betrothed returns to our humble abode. Having already confessed earlier in the day to making an impulse buy while strolling through Kohl's, I decide to play good husband and inquire as to the contents in the bag:

Me: "Whatcha got there, Pookie?"
Her: "First of all..." thrusts price tag in my face, "... the whole price was less than this price tag of the pants!"
Me: Recovering from sticker shock, gasping for breath, kissing my falt panel TV goodbye...
Her: "...and I got this jacket, and pants, and this shirt to round it all out."
Me: Looking at all the new white clothing, "It's very... white."
Her: "It's not white."
Me: Eh?
Her: "It's not white."
Me: Closing one eye, "Uhhh..."
Her: Voice rising going up the scale, dog pees on itself, "It's NOT white!"
Me: Have I gone colorblind?"Okaaayyy..."
Her: "It's Winter-White."
Me: "Winter what?"
Her: "It's Winter-White. That way I can wear it after Labor Day."
Me: Huh, makes no sense to me. "Makes sense to me!"

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

white and winter white are not the same - most ladies would agree. It's too bad this blog is mostly men. But it was pretty hilarious seeing your face when I told you it wasn't white.

3:48 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

One more thing Hun - (not that I have to explain myself) but you forgot to tell the whole story: the total sticker price would have been $145 but I got the whole 3 piece suit for $43 (which is less than the total price of the pants)!!! Now that's what I call a sale. To everyone else - can't you see how we never have a dull moment in our house.

4:18 PM  
Blogger misawa said...

Now that you've explained yourself...

But, winter-white is still, by the nature of the word, WHITE!!! Much the same that navy blue is still, in fact, BLUE. For that matter, if it's "winter" white, doesn't that mean you can only wear it in the winter, aka the time of year when it's not 100 degrees outside? :p

11:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home