Monday, March 20, 2006

Waaasssuuuuuppppp!!!

Fun weekend in Dublin, GA with my brother and his wife, my sister and niece, and my own wife. Much to the rest of my family's chagrin, I taught my niece the wonderful greeting phrase above (I had to do something; being called "Shelaleigh" just wasn't going to cut it). I can already see my Grandmother holding up a picture of my wife and I and getting a "Wassssuuuuupppp!!!" from baby girl. I'd love to be a fly on the wall for that one.

Due to the trip down, I was unable to participate in the live draft for Tim's fantasy baseball league. Therefore, I had to work mostly with the current rankings - I am loaded with pitching and not much else. Furthermore, the curse of the Rising Son has been placed upon all on my team; I assure you that by season's end, most of these players will have suffered some season/ career threatening injury. But it'll be fun... (that's what I keep telling myself; just tell me who to send the $10 to)

And finally, there is the loveliness that is Nascar. Their next bonfire was set for Atlanta yesterday afternoon, which was a terribly rainy day in the city (sidebar: how can that racetrack or the drag strip in Commerce be considered the "Atlanta" track(s); it's a full 50 to 60 miles outside of the frickin' city!). So needless to say as my wife and I were making our way back up to our humble abode, we were doing so with about 10,000 other toothless wonders that were crying in their beers in coozies b/c the precious race had been rained out. So there we were, surrounded by direct descendants of Generals Lee, Stonewall Jackson, and the Clampetts sitting in bumper to duct-taped bumper traffic with these fine specimens of the human genome. What should have been an easy 3 hours turned into just shy of 4 hours. Stupid Nascar...

2 Comments:

Blogger Jeff said...

So NASCAR fans inch along for hours in traffic, all for the chance to watch a bunch of cars drive 200 mph in a circle? Wishful thinking?

12:56 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

and you are complaining about NASCAR why???? as Trimumph would say "wll poop on you or George the gorilla!"

9:51 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home