Thursday, October 05, 2006

Uh-oh... she's on to me

So last night, after being at school most of the day and finally turning in my (somewhat) functioning first project for my digital design course, I return to my humble abode and find Mrs. Misawa snuggled under a blanket with two cats around her head and a donkey (read: our dog) at her feet. This is not a very unnatural state to find my betrothed in at any time of the year - she's got some lizard blood in her somewhere. Nevertheless, I bid her greetings and salutations and begin putting my stuff down and attempting to wind down so as not to stare at the ceiling for an hour after getting in the bed. In my weary state, I missed it.

Now, I'm no Shelock Holmes or Dr. House, but I'm failry observant - had something been misplaced near the refrigerator, I most definitely would have seen it. However, it was near the sink, which in my house is known as woman's territory uninteresting to me; it's an area that involves cleaning, and as I am prone to dirt and generally only clean important things (guns, cars, etc.) that do not require this particular apparatus, it's just not a place that comes up on my radar.

Therefore, the Honorable She Who Must Be Obeyed brought it to my attention. My thoughts are in italics.

She - "Don't toss this or use it - it's a fabric swatch." [waving said swatch at me, similar to signaling a surrender]

Me - Yikes! What the heck is that?! I'm afraid to even wipe a dish with it. "What is it?"

Her - "It's a swatch mom gave me - I'm getting a formal chair to go in our living room; she's covering it in this so it'll match our couch."

Me - Processing... chair, cloth, living room, matching... huh? "Say again?"

She - "Mom's got a chair that will have this fabric on it" - holding closer as if I'm the one that needs glasses or contacts (read: I'm not) - "and then we'll put it in the living room."

Me - The living room? The room where nobody lives? With a couch that nobody sits on? Where on earth will she put it in there? [Turns to walk in to den to get a better picture of the living room, ensuring that everything that was there still is, including all 4 walls]

Her - "Don't be a smarty!" [tone - you know the tone]

Me - Uh oh... she's on to me. She knows I'm about to be a fool. To follow my destiny or not... "But, where are we going ot put it?"

She - [smirking] "Over in that corner." [points to a corner with a small rocking chair, table, TV, piano, and small specks of pooh]

Me - "But where are we going to put the Christmas tree?"

Her - "Are you an interior decorator?" [hand on hip, evil twin waiting to leap out and eat my face]

Me - Nope. "Yes."

2 Comments:

Blogger Mark said...

BWAAAAHAAAAAA!
Oh yeah, I KNOW that feelin'!

At least you found out what a 'swatch' was before I did.

7:52 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Peas and Carrots Baby!

1:05 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home