Monday, January 08, 2007

Weekend wrap-up

This past weekend was the end of Christmas presents for my wife and I - we took in the afternoon performance of Broadway's Twelve Angry Men starring Richard Thomas (John Boy from the Waltons) and George Wendt (Norm from Cheers). This is probably my favorite non-musical production and I highly recommend it to any and all. This particular production stuck with the classic version of the play, a 1950s drama about a jury deciding the guilt or innocence of a boy from the wrong side of the tracks accused of murdering his father. Other remakes and updates have been done, but it loses a bit of something when moved to modern times. For an at home version, check out the Henry Fonda classic available on DVD (including Netflix, Jeff).
Note that the movie contains significantly less language than the actual play.

After that, it was off to Chops, my uber-expensive steakhouse of choice where my wife and I got to witness a slightly different type of production - a proposal. In between the lobster bisque and bread course of the evening, the young man seated directly behind my wife got up and got on a knee in front of his girl. Two thoughts immediately went through my mind: 1) "Boy, has he really screwed up!" 2) "Oh, he's going to propose!" Shortly thereafter, the young lady let out a yes that still has some dogs in the Buckhead area circling and peeing.

Today began the first day of classes for me, therefore expect a hodgepodge of posts centered around stupid teachers, students, and various other dummies that I must keep on a friendly level with for the remainder of this semester.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home