Tuesday, August 21, 2007

Coda

Yesterday began my final semester, possibly ever of college. While I haven't ruled out grad school, I definitely won't be doing that 1) anytime soon; or 2) on my own dime.

Here's the real kicker for me - I still don't know why God had me do this. I haven't verbally witnessed to many (though I would like to think my example has witnessed quite loudly). Maybe that's yet to come. Maybe I've been defiant all 4 of these years, persuing this for my glory and not His (I highly doubt that - I've wanted to quit far too many times). Perhaps this is simply step one... I could "maybe" and "perhaps" myself to death on this one.

In college the first time, as a music major, one of my professors referred to the coda of a musical piece as "the last big push before the end." Walking across campus yesterday, that's what it felt like. Four years ago, this very semester, I began my little song and dance with Southern Polytechnic. Four years ago, I only thought it would take 2 years, maybe 3. Four years ago, I was dumb.

Now, depending on who you ask in my Sunday School class, I'm still dumb. But that's another post...

2 Comments:

Blogger Mark said...

'Dumb' and 'numb' are two different things. During my last quarter of school, I was numb - burned out.

Great to see you are almost there...

5:30 PM  
Blogger misawa said...

The "dumb" reference is b/c of a certain person in our class that constantly reminds us that we know nothing b/c we have no children. We'll fill you in on the details next time we're together. :)

6:41 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home