Tuesday, January 29, 2008

Ch-ch-ch-changes!!!

Lots a changes happening 'round here. To begin with, Friday was my last day at my old job - which still feels kind of odd to say. I spent three years there, the longest I've been at any job I've ever had. After that amount of time, the people you're around and work with day in and day out become like family - dysfunction and all. I'll miss them. As one job passes...

Next Monday, Feb. 4th, in sort of an early birthday present to me, I take my shiny new Electrical Engineering degree and start my new job. If I can put in to words the way God has (seemingly) set forth and lit the path for me to this job, I would. But I can't. Let's just say that it's in a field I reeeaaalllyyy wanted to get in to but is difficult to get a foot in even with a BSEE. The perks - much better pay, better benefits, and only 2 miles from my house. That means, even during rush hour traffic, it'll take me 10 minutes to get to the office. And yes, I have timed it. Twice.

Probably the biggest change of all is still baking in the oven (if you follow me). Our due date was originally set for April 30, but apparently this will be a leavened child, for it's now sounding like we're gonna shorten the cooking time by a couple of weeks. Might be the dutch oven. Anyway, there's still a nursery to finish, showers to be had, and pitchers and catchers to report.

Oh, and for those astute enough to notice, my last day on the job was this past Friday; the new job starts next Monday. Yes - I'm taking a week off. I figure it's the last one I have where the only to-do list is handed down by my wife and not my son and wife.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Congratulations. I hope everything goes well with the new job and the birth of your son.

How did the hog hunt go?

6:17 PM  
Blogger misawa said...

No hunt yet - that's in a couple of weeks. I'm hoping to bring home the bacon.

4:32 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home