Wednesday, January 09, 2008

Baby Registering Do's

The baby shower's are a'coming - our bouncing baby boy will be arriving in about 4 months from now. Currently, we have a baby bed and blanket or two, some bibs, and not a whole lot else.

As such, this is the place for you, reader of the blog, to sound off on what you got at showers that worked for you - or what you had to go buy for yourself because what you got didn't work for you. From books to bibs to beds, what would be your best tips for things to put on our registry, and if you feel so inclined (or if it's needed), why?

Note: there will be a separate post up for the don'ts. Let this post just concentrate on the do's.

2 Comments:

Blogger Tim Ellsworth said...

I don't know if you're having a boy or a girl, or if you even know that yet, or if you're planning to find out. We chose not to find out, and it proved helpful. Had we known we were having a boy, we undoubtedly would have gotten a lot of boy clothes.

Instead, we ended up getting a lot of other useful things instead of clothes. And some of the clothes we did get were gender-neutral -- which means we were able to use them again when we had our daughter.

3:50 PM  
Blogger Natalie F said...

Hi, my name is Natalie and I work with Marilyn at Chase.
She asked me for some Do's and Don'ts for your baby registry...

Here are some Do's:
1. Baby bouncer... The most ingenious creation for calming a baby down...especially baby boys!
2. Baby swing... same as above!
3. Combo dresser, baby changing station. Much better value than a separate dresser and a changing table.
4. Cloth diapers. These things are much better than regular burp cloths; they are more absorbent and last longer through all of the washing. I never used them as diapers but I had about 8 of them for other uses.
5. Rocker for the nursery... It is a lifesaver! Trust me, I have two kids and when they are sick or colicky, it's the best thing to be able to rock them while you are sitting down.
6. Madela Pump...Even if your wife is planning to be a stay-at-home mom, she needs one of these and Madela is the best.
7. Playtex baby bottles with liners... My son had acid reflux and this bottle worked best for him because it works much closer to the way milk would come out naturally. Sometimes you need to have a bottle handy, even when you are nursing....
8. Britax convertible car seat... best car seats out there...safety and ease of use. I love these! I've tried various brands and these are just the best.

That's what I can think of at the moment...I'll post more as I think of them :)

Congratulations on your upcoming arrival!!!
Natalie

2:57 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home