Monday, April 03, 2006

The "10 things" thing

Been busy lately, and it's just going to get busier until the semester's over. However, as I have a little time now, I'm going to steal Jeff's idea and tell you 10 things about myself that most of you could probably care less about knowing.

1. My dreams: there are several recurring themes in my dreams. For starters, the oldest dream I've had is where I'm running from Michael Myers (Halloween); this makes sense seeing as how this was the first horror movie I ever saw - it's also still my favorite. Another is that in all of my dreams where my grandfather appears, he is played by John Wayne. Weird, I know.

2. I am almost the Rainman of guns. When watching 24 or any other gun related TV show, I resist the urge to rewind and pause to get a closer look at what somebody's using (strangely enough, 24 has more violations of general gun safety than any other shows I've seen.) I'm also a Walther P99 stalker.

3. My life verses: Proverbs 17:22, 1 Peter 4:8 (look'em up if you're that curious). And on several occasions, I've borrowed from Mark Lowry: "And it came to pass..."

4. For all my love and enjoyment of guns, I've only been hunting once. Mosquitoes attacked me. I didn't see a darned thing except a turkey. I don't really want to talk about it any more than that. Oh, and my wife can shoot just as good as I can.

5. I am one of the most laid back, "never do today what you can put off til tomorrow" type B people around. And I've had two panic attacks in the last 9 years. Go figure.

6. The most challenging and entertaining games I've ever played have been the Pokémon games for the Gameboy and Gameboy Advanced. Altogether, I've probably logged around 1000 hours total playing time. And it's all thanks to my brother-in-law.

7. I am ambidextrous; for most of my life, I've been able to write and eat with both hands. Some things, I've only learned with my left hand, others with my right (considered my dominant hand). I haven't been able to write with my left hand for two months.

8. If money were no option, I'd be a teacher. However, there would need to be a few rules laid down before the first day with the class. For starters, paddlings will be reinstituted for the parents of the misbehaving child.

9. I have an inner 12 year old inside of me. Bodily functions still make me laugh. I don't plan on turning 13 any time soon. Please pray for my wife.

10. Every day, I carry my wallet in a back pocket, keys in my front right, fingernail clippers and lip balm in the front left. In my wallet I have a comb, though my hair at it's longest never needs to be brushed or combed. If I have pocket change, it lives in the front left pocket, always.

5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

About #6,

Is it really my fault that I wanted to figure out what all the hype was about this little game? It came out on the gameboy! How good could it really be?

A small investment later and what do you know - Rock-Paper-Scissors is fun again. So I told the only other person who wouldn't laugh at a mid 20's college graduate playing a videogame meant for kids under the age of 10?

Misawa also met those qualifications except for the graduate part... but that is another blog.

I, however, stopped at red. Misawa continued to blue, yellow, gold, emerald green, ruby red, turquoise purple, lavender blue, paisley saffron, plaid salmon, striped fuscia, and poka-dot puce.

There has got to be a better way to spend $30 per game (not to mention how many AA batteries it takes to run a video game for, lets say - 1000 hours). But then again, I've spent many hours on other games in the past also.

My wife is (like Mrs. Misawa) a video game widow.

Please remember the ones left behind while the addicted ones spend their lives living through a couple of A & B buttons and a D pad.

11:17 PM  
Blogger Jeff said...

I, however, stopped at red. Misawa continued to blue, yellow, gold, emerald green, ruby red, turquoise purple, lavender blue, paisley saffron, plaid salmon, striped fuscia, and poka-dot puce.

Wow, there is so much going on in that sentence, and I understand none of it.

Oh, and I find it completely awesome that your grandfather is John Wayne in your dreams. The Duke rules.

10:33 AM  
Blogger misawa said...

Just for the record; I played the original Red and Yellow; I tried Gold and Silver and wasn't interested; played Fire Red and Emerald (Emerald being the conglamoration of Ruby and Sapphire).

And as of Fire Red/ Leaf Green, they're all $35.

Worth. Every. Penny.

11:15 AM  
Blogger Mark said...

"You're a sad, strange, little man. You have my pity."

And speaking of Pokemon, look what ya did to my boys!

10:13 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

When I was a young teenager my "life verse" was Provers 5:19. :)

11:23 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home