Tuesday, April 11, 2006

Happy New Year

Some random thoughts on last night's Braves home opener, which thanks to my lovely wife, I was able to attend.
  • I heard the phrase "Happy New Year" at least a dozen times last night. I thought it was interesting the first time. A little bit more annoying each time thereafter.
  • Jeff, did I see you at the game last night? I thought I did, but (not trying to be mean here) the super-hot blonde that was hanging on potentially-you threw me. Just curious.
  • Goosebump moments: the flyby during the end of the National Anthem; pretty much the rest of the night (it was a cool night in the stands).
  • To the third base umpire - I don't know who you are or how long you've been in the league, but if you react to the crowd every time they disagree with your call, you're just egging them on (this from a reformed heckler).
  • To the middle aged but rather young looking grandmother stitting in front of my wife wearing the red stringy thong with bows - 1) Eww. 2) Thanks for keeping my wife giggling for the whole game. It may be the first one she's stayed awake for the whole time.
  • To the lady in the see-thru white dress without the over-the-shoulder-boulder-holder on a rather chilly night - I believe the rather well dressed drunk guys behind us said it best: (in a sales vendor voice) "Peanuts! Cold Peanuts!"
  • Adam LaRoche may be the most underrated defensive first baseman in the National League. He made some plays last night look real easy.
  • How ironic is it that the first Braves starter able to go 5 innings without giving up a run (1 unearned) doesn't get the W. And to boot, he got the first hit of the night and drove in the first two runs.
  • I think I was the only person that could care less that Jimmy Peanuts Carter was in the stands.
  • And finally to the guy who gave the foul ball to the pretty girl whose seat he had to reach under: IDIOT!!! Unless your wedding band is in the shop or your fiancĂ© is at home looking thru Bridal Quarterly for 10 Tips on How to Have a Stress Free and Fabulous Wedding (read: elope), giving up a ball without digits, a hug, or a kiss is strictly forbidden and bears the penalty of a million punches on your guy card.
Still a good night; Braves won 5-3. And the only person on my fantasy team to participate didn't hurt me too bad.

1 Comments:

Blogger Jeff said...

Let's go with the first clue that I wasn't there:

"super-hot blonde that was hanging on"

Nope, had to work. I have thought about going to Thursday's game since I'm off and the Red Sox game isn't available on Extra Innings (??!!!), but not sure.

6:43 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home