Monday, October 23, 2006

That I Should be So Lucky Blessed

Most of you know of my accident from this past February (those of you that don't, read here) - in short, it was a head-on collision that I walked (limped) away from. Of course at the time, you just think to yourself of how much worse it could have been, then you're thankful that it was what it was and you're still around.

A few months ago, we found out a friend was killed in a wreck (I think head-on; the other guy was a meth-head). This past weekend his wife delivered their third child.

Last week, a high school friend of mine was killed in a head-on in my hometown - the other guy was trying to dodge a deer.

Also last week, a high school friend of someone in our Sunday School class lost her husband in a head on accident.

Some would say I was lucky - not a good thing to say in my book, as I am about as fond of the word "lucky" as I am "fair." I consider myself blessed.

As an exercise for yourself, swap the two words; when you want to tell someone they're lucky, substitute blessed. It's a different (I say better) mindset.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home