Tuesday, August 21, 2007

Again with the questions?!

Now that I've been all insightful and everything, time to return to a snarkiness for just a moment.

In a previous post around this time last year, I lamented the fact that I had postponed physics until that late in the game, thus meaning I was subjected to sitting in class with a lot of freshmen. And their questions. Alotta danged questions. Alotta danged ridiculous questions, like "how will I be graded" (same as in high school!), "how many questions will be on the tests" (find out when you get there!), and "who invented the question mark" (I did, and I'm claiming copyright infringement!).

This brings me to last night. I'm in a course primarily composed of juniors and seniors. Folks that have generally figured this whole college thing out. They know what's important. They know when the teacher is a talker to not encourage things, especially when the air conditioning isn't working, a Braves game is on, and I haven't eaten since lunch.

But there's always one... "What kind of format will your tests be?"



There's a time and place for this question. It's during the review before the test! It's in her office outside of class time! It's for after the Braves have choked and lost in the postseason! For that matter, it's for just about any other time other than the first day of class!!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home