Wednesday, May 28, 2008

The Purpose Driven Blog

When I started this blog-thing, the purpose was simple. Writing. Seems a bit silly, I know, but the problem is I hated to write. Like going-to-the-dentist type of hate - necessary, but not enjoyable. The problem with my problem - follow me here - is at the time I was going to be writing a LOT of papers at school, papers that I couldn't just half-butt into existence overnight with heavy amounts of caffeine.

Thus, my plan was simple - write about things I like, love, and detest. Devise - or dare I say, engineer - witty, wordy ways of whimsically wondering... err, musing.

And thus was born this blog. Aside from serving it's original purpose of getting me writing more, amateurish as it may be, it's also been cathartic in many ways. While a few posts may have been heavy and dealt with serious subject matter, I intentionally strive to keep it light - there are far deeper thinkers in the annals of blogdom that can illustrate theological thoughts far better than I can.

In the words of one of the best hours of TV ever: "where do we go from here?" Well, I dunno. Most likely, the posting will continue to be sporadic. It may be a few days between posts, a few weeks, maybe even (but hopefully not) a few months. The demands of work plus family will just mean that posting will take a backseat to many other things.

What this means for you, my loyal blog readership? Well, for those that use regular old bookmarks, it means that you will most likely become less loyal - it's just human nature that you'll only click on it so many times, and then you just won't. For those that are browsing the interwebs in the twenty-first and a half century, it means you'll get a little gift in your RSS reader's inbox-of-sorts when I do post something, and you'll be pleasantly surprised.

Lastly, I want to say how thankful I am for the community of friends I've developed through this thing. Some I've met never met in person, others I meet every time they make a pilgrimage to a certain outdoor mega-store near my house, and still others I correspond with through email, chatting, etc. It has been a real blessing getting to know you all - and for those I haven't met yet, I hope to soon. If nothing else to at least sit down and have a cup of coffee. Or go shooting. http://planetsmilies.net/grinning-smiley-17116.gif

1 Comments:

Blogger j razz said...

I vote for shooting :)

j razz

11:40 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home