Wednesday, March 26, 2008

I'm Swamped

We interrupt this hiatus...

Yes, the musings have been stagnant for a while. And there's no reason to think it'll change anytime soon. Between baby-showers, nursery prep, work, and studying, I've been busier than a dog with two... uhm, busier than a hen in the chick... err, busier than a cocktail waitress at the annual "slap-n-tickle" in Vegas.

Regular readers are probably still scratching their heads about that above statement - no, not the slap-n-tickle; the "studying" comment. That's right, I've been studying. It was such a way of life for so many years that I just sorta naturally slipped back...

I can't do that to you. Actually, I'm been dragged back in, kicking and screaming, to the world of difficult differential equations, thermodynamics, statics, kinetics, active and passive circuits, motors, and a whole bunch of other stuff that I've already learned and am having to relearn. Why all this torture? I've got the FE (future engineer) exam coming up in two and a half weeks. It's the first step towards gaining my professional engineering license, which is a must if I ever want to work as a consultant.

Oh, and after that, there will be more studying for my CAP certification (Certified Automation Professional). In amongst that, I'll be balancing work, keeping a new baby alive and clean, a 9th wedding anniversary, Guilder to frame... I'm swamped.

10 points for the movie reference, no hints needed.

6 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

That would be The Princess Bride.

Payton

4:00 PM  
Blogger misawa said...

You don't count.

9:42 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I know. . . I know!!! Only the greatest movie EVER written (the book is even better by the way) . . . The Princess Bride and the phrase came from Prince Humperdink.

9:44 PM  
Blogger misawa said...

You win, plus a bonus 10,000 points.

9:45 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

errrrr....

I have always hated nepotism.

9:27 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

This is inconceivable!

8:36 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home