Tuesday, January 17, 2006

Brunswick Twilight Zone results

Last night was one of the most frustrating bowling nights I've had in a while. The end results were 142, 93, and 139; however, that doesn't even begin to tell half the tale of what a bizarre night it was.

For starters, I had the beginning stages of a head cold and my wrist was still a little sore from practicing without my wrist brace on Saturday. By the end of practice time, though, I knew the wrist was going to be the least of my worries. Every ball I threw during practice barely hooked; at first I wanted to blame my ailing apendage, however, I noticed that everybody else that threw a curve was having the same issue. The trouble is, since switching back to the hook, my straight ball has been less than accurate, to say the least. I scratched out a 142 in the first game before falling in to the twilight zone in the second. Three times my ball hit the pocket and it resulted in a split; I was ready to chew the rawhide off a horse.

Thankfully I ended the night with a 139 - I still was 10 under my average for the week. To me, that was a hard fought for score on a night when nothing would work, then you'd find something, and then it would vanish.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home