Wednesday, February 27, 2008

Weird things I do

This has been spurred on, in part, by Glenna's Randimonium post.
    I only roll in one direction in the bed - clockwise if you're looking from the foot of the bed. No matter what position I switch to, that's the way I roll. And yes, I've been known to roll a complete circle and wind up in the same position. A side-effect - because I'm on the right side of the bed, I end up taking the covers from my poor little wife, who needs them more than I do.

    I have a soundtrack constantly playing in my head during the conscious hours of my day. This is a blessing and a curse. Sometimes, a song will get stuck in there - curse you, Taylor Swift! And Drew! - and the only way to get it out of my head is to make up my own song. At this point, I have written more than Bach and Beethoven combined... in my head.

    I don't like to sit in the balcony at church, though it has nothing to do with a fear of heights. It's because one of the first thoughts in my mind if when it starts to wander is if I could make the jump from edge of the balcony to the chandelier. No reason, I just wonder.

    When I take a shower, before I begin any part of it, I have to make sure the sides are perfectly sealed and that the shower curtain is evenly distributed so there are no big gaps in the bottom of it.

    I sigh. No reason needed. That's just what I do.

    I can name all 50 states in alphabetical order on the spot. Thank you Mrs. Bearden's 5th Grade Choir.

    I think of funny things all the live-long day, about half of which are completely inappropriate for the setting I'm in. Remember that the next time you see me trying to hide a smile - you really may not want to know!

    I spit in the toilet. It drives my wife insane. Haven't figured out yet where she'd prefer for me to spit.

1 Comments:

Blogger glenna marshall said...

I have contemplated jumping from the balcony to the chandeliers since I was a wee girl. I have no doubt that I could make it. I've planned it out too many times to fail. :)

It would take me along time to name all the states, and certainly not in alphabetical order, but I can name every president(in order) thanks to my sixth grade history teacher.

The whole rolling in the same direction...I think that must be what my husband does. That explains things.

11:34 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home