Friday, May 30, 2008

What I'm... May 2008 edition

What I'm...

Reading:
  • Splinter Cell: Fallout - based on one of my favorite videogame series, I couldn't pass this up when I found it at an airport bookstore for a Thomas Jefferson and some change. So far, it's okay, and would really only appeal to fans of the game - it's light fluff.
  • Star Wars: Truce at Bakura - This is the chronological start of a number of post-original-trilogy books in the Star Wars universe, picking up where Return of the Jedi leaves off. I read it years ago and have greatly desired to pick the series back up and catch up to some of the newer stuff.
  • Book of James - our Sunday School class is doing a study on this covering aspects of the text itself as well as Luther's dislike of it. Personally, I've found myself enjoying reading it quite a bit.
Listening to:
  • Alter Bridge: Blackbird - It's Creed minus Scott Stapp, which is good and bad. The lead singer is forgettable, but Mark Tremonti, in my opinion, is one of modern music's best guitarists.
  • Johnny Cash,The American IV: The Man Comes Around - I'm not a big country fan, but there's not a lot about this album that's actually country except for the Man in Black himself. They're all covers of other songs, most known, some obscure. I've just found it to be good driving music.
  • Dashboard Confessional: Dusk and Summer - Emo-quasi-whiny band. Not much to say, really. I just like'em.
Playing:
  • Wii Sports - One of the best free add-ins for a console since Super Mario World with the Super Nintendo.
  • Advance Wars: Days of Ruin - I'm a huge fan of this series since it's early days on the GameBoy Advance - it's turn-based strategy at it's finest. Even though it's not the best one in the series - Dual Strike was significantly better - it is the first in the series to offer online multiplayer, even if the server's can't handle the traffic.
  • Guillotine - neat little playing card game. Easy to pick up and learn.
Watching:
  • Lost - At this point, you're either in or you're not. I'm in. Very in. If you're out, catch up with it on DVD.
  • The Unit - I'm midway through season two of this TV show, and thankful that it's finally been renewed for a third season - even if I'm not all that excited about the change to Sundays. I highly recommend the book it's based on, too - Inside Delta Force.
  • Jon & Kate Plus 8 - Always reminds my wife and I that if they can handle eight, we can handle one.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home