Friday, May 30, 2008

What's wrong with some people?

So last weekend, I take my wife out for brunch at a local favorite of ours. Seeing as how my son is only 5 weeks old, I decided we should probably bring him along. We walk in, take our seats and the waitress begins to ooh and ahh and we let her keep doing that while we look over the menu. She starts yakking along and then drops this little gem: "I just had my 7 month old grandbaby die due to SIDs."

http://planetsmilies.net/shocked-smiley-9456.gif

What was the thought process that went through her mind before deciding to share that particular piece of information with us, the parents of a 5-week-old? I can only hope somebody who's just starting chemo doesn't come in to hear about her dear aunt Sally who died of cancer. Sheesh...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home