Monday, January 23, 2006

The weekend...

This was a needed weekend for me. I was fighting the crud thru most of last week, and by Thursday afternoon, I wasn't able to speak at all - probably my first case of laryngitis since high school. Thankfully by Saturday my voice and health had mostly returned so my wife and I were able to start shopping for my potential birthday present - a smoker. We finally found what pros consider the book on barbecuing and smoking - Smoke and Spice. Not only does it give you recipes for rubs, marinades, pastes, and mops, but it gives really good info on what to look for in equipment. Bottom line - I think I'm going to get some experience on my cheap little $50 grill first, then we'll worry about getting the good equipment.

Sunday was the usual - church, Sunday School, afternoon nap, football (go Steelers - drop the Steel Curtain and rip their gizzards out thru their lungs!!!), and then a lovely trip down to see my in-laws. I'm still trying to figure out if my mother in law was trying to torture me or legitimately forgot to eat dinner!!! Thankfully, my father in law walked in the door, order was restored, and pizza was consumed.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Gotta love those in-laws :) I don't know why everyone in my family forgets to eat - I just forget to go to the bathroom. Or better yet . . . (I just lost my train of thought.)

2:01 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home