Friday, February 02, 2007

Woman Watching Tips

A neat blog entry today by Theresa at AJC.com with tips on how women can engage themselves in the Super Bowl (or sports in general):
I know there are a lot of women out there who truly like sports, but I think there are even more women who have just learned to put up with it being on the TV all the time. During the last 15 years, I have developed my own coping mechanisms to survive watching sports with my husband.
One of her suggestions, I've been doing for years with my wife to keep her in to games. I pick out a player that has had some dramatic occurence that I know she would sympathize with, and then voila - she's watching the game with me instead of napping on me.

Just to let you in on the sports acuity of my beloved, whom I love and cherish deeply - for many years, including the first few of our marriage, she thought that Sportscenter and ESPN were two different channels.

2 Comments:

Blogger Mark said...

What? You mean to tell me your wife doesn't yell, "Sic 'em, Bulldogs! WOOF! WOOF! WOOF!" Or, "C'mon! Kill him!"

Oh the shame...

10:58 AM  
Blogger misawa said...

Uh, no - more likely to be something like "HEY! Leave him alone! His momma left him when he was young and she thought he had webbed feet!"

11:04 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home