Thursday, March 13, 2008

Fly Me Friendly

This week marked a big first for me - my first commercial flight since being grown. Until Monday afternoon, I had only been on planes on two other occasions: once when I was ten months old flying back to the states from overseas, the other was a Cessna 172 when I was in college - the first time. Now, it wasn't because of fear - though I do believe had the Almighty intended for us to fly he would have given us feathers and wings - but more because, while growing up we, as a family, just didn't take vacations that would require flying anywhere.

So, with much guffaw and circumstance, I boarded flight 113 from ATL to DFW on Monday of this week, headed for a week of training in fantabulous Dallas, TX. Here are a few of the things I found out on the flight over:
  • Airtran = itty-bitty living space
  • My MP3 player, a Sandisk, at 98% volume, can mostly drown out the cries of a baby.
  • Blasting aliens in Contra 4 helps drown out the desire to wake the obnoxiously loud snoring person two rows back. On an afternoon flight!
  • Flying above the clouds is quite etheral.
  • Not seeing the ground for nearly 90 minutes of a two hour flight can cause tears upon the first glance of terra firma.
  • Window seats are cool. Til you have to pee.

1000 points to the person that can correctly identify (without the use of the internet) the movie the title of the post comes from. Here's a hint: the line isn't ever spoken.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home